The three-match series is in jeopardy after a number of COVID-19 cases in the bio-secure environment at the hotel both teams share, including a South African player, two hotel staff and potentially two members of the England party.
Cowan says Australia needed to do more to look after the mental health of young players tossed out of the top level
Influenza has ravaged England with several players and staff taken ill since arriving on Dec. 14.
New South Wales bowler Aaron Bird was reported for having a doubtful bowling action during his stint in the Ford Ranger Cup. Match umpires mentioned about Aaron as having a doubtful bowling action with some of his deliveries during the Ford Ranger Cup matches between Queensland and New South Wales on October 18, South Australia and New South Wales on October 22, and the KFC Twenty20 Big Bash Final between New South Wales and Victoria on January 24.
Rajasthan Royals have offered Yorkshire around 25 million pounds (Rs 260 crore/Rs 2.6 billion) to take complete control of the county club.
With neighbouring states starting to close the borders with South Australia to try to contain the outbreak, Cricket Australia shifted international players from their Twenty20 and one-day squads north to Sydney.
The third Test venue has been the subject of debate after a new community outbreak emerged in Sydney's northern beach suburbs late last week.
England will rest Jofra Archer, Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes and Mark Wood for the three-match one-day international series against South Africa starting in Cape Town on February 4. Worcestershire seamer Pat Brown, Somerset batsman Tom Banton and the Lancashire pair of Matthew Parkinson and Saqib Mahmood received their maiden call-ups.
The England and Wales Cricket Board's decision to exclude maverick batsman Kevin Pietersen from selection has benefitted the team, director of cricket Andrew Strauss told BBC.
Cricket Australia are expected to announce over the next few days that the fifth Test, scheduled for Jan. 14-18 at Perth Stadium, will be switched to another city because of Western Australia's hard line on quarantine.
Top Australian cricketer Alyssa Healy expressed disappointment at the cancellation of the Indian women's team's proposed tour of England owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Indian women's team was originally slated to play a bilateral series comprising three ODIs and as many T20Is against England in June which got postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak. But the UK sojourn was called off earlier this week.
England cricketers -- both men and women -- will undergo anti-racism training courses this year after a survey revealed that more than one-third of black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) players have faced the prejudice in the game.
Cricket Australia has been in a financial mess since the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
South Africa begin their three-month tour of England with a one-day international against the hosts at Leeds on Wednesday and team manager Mohammed Moosajee admitted the players are concerned.
Australia's explosive batsman David Warner finally tied the knot with his sweetheart of 18 months Candice Falzon at an intimate ceremony in the south coast countryside on Saturday.
Australian captain Tim Paine and Nathan Lyon visited Wingello, a town of about 500 people in hard-hit New South Wales, on Wednesday, days after it was devastated by the flames.
Australia opener David Warner hit his first century in 14 months to help New South Wales maintain their unbeaten record in the domestic Marsh One-Day Cup on Thursday.
Allrounder Shane Watson has been ruled out of the first Test against South Africa with a calf strain in a huge blow for Australia's hopes of upsetting the top-ranked visitors.
Sydney and Canberra are set to host the white-ball leg of India's tour of Australia after the New South Wales government allowed the visiting team to train during its mandatory quarantine upon arrival.
Young all-rounder Cameron Green scored a confident century for Australia 'A' on day two of the tour match against India 'A' in Sydney on Monday to put his hand up for selection in the Test series starting next week.
India's cricketers and staff have been cleared of COVID-19
Aaron Finch suffered a blow to his head during a Sheffield Shield encounter on Saturday and was substituted by Travis Dean after Australia's limited-overs captain experienced concussion symptoms.
Cricket Australia says the limited-overs cricket international between Australia and England at Brisbane on January 30 will be a fundraiser for victims of devastating floods in Queensland and New South Wales states.
Australia cricketer Phillip Hughes remains in an induced coma on Thursday after spending a second night in a Sydney, with the local ambulance service now under scrutiny for their response to the accident.
A former first class batsman for New South Wales with a strong corporate background, the 46-year-old Roberts has been Sutherland's deputy for a number of years since joining the CA board as an independent director in 2012.
'No different from anyone else, if they are coming from a declared hotspot they will have to quarantine'
The second day's play in the third Test between England and South Africa at The Oval will not take place on Friday following the death of Queen Elizabeth, the England and Wales Cricket Board said on Thursday.
Rishi Sunak speaks of 'sting' of racism growing up in UK
According to a report in ESPNCricinfo, Sydney could emerge as Indian contingent's port of entry and the city may allow them to train during their quarantine.
New South Wales Supreme Court Justice Lucy McCallum found that Fairfax Media was motivated by "malice" in publishing the stories.
The 23-year-old fast bowler has not played a Test since his stunning seven-wicket debut against South Africa as an 18-year-old in 2011.
Cricket's last appearance at the Games was at Kuala Lumpur in 1998, when a South African team featuring Jacques Kallis won the men's 50-over competition.
The 21-year-old Renshaw has averaged 36.64 from his 10 Tests in a positive start to his international career but has had a tough Shield campaign for Queensland, failing to surpass 20 runs in his four innings.
Simon Katich and Boeta Dippenaar, captains of New South Wales and Diamond Eagles, slammed the newly-laid Ferozeshah Kotla pitch, saying it was far from ideal for Twenty20 cricket.
'We believe cricket would be a great addition to the Olympic Games, but we know it won't be easy to secure our inclusion as there are so many other great sports out there wanting to do the same. But we feel now is the time to put our best foot forward and show what a great partnership cricket and the Olympics are.'
Play was halted for close to 10 minutes before stadium security as well as New South Wales Police checked in to the relevant stand from where the nasty comments were being hurled at.
Hard-hitting middle-order batsman David Miller has quit first-class cricket in a bid to concentrate on his limited-overs game ahead of next year's World Cup in England and Wales.
"It's a thrilling new format and a match that is working towards a greater good."
Having narrowly lost their clash against Mumbai Indians, Caribbean side Trinidad and Tobago, need to sort out their batting as they take on former winners New South Wales in their Champions League Twenty20 cricket match, in Chennai on Wednesday.
Babar was also one of the few bright spots from Pakistan's previous tour to Australia in 2019-2020, where he scored 97 and 101.